Referred to as the city of love, art paradise and fashion powerhouse, Paris has something to offer to everyone. Think a vacation to one of the most beautiful cities in the world will break your bank? It doesn’t have to!
Let Paris charm you with her hospitality with these free things that you can indulge in with your family and friends:
Take Advantage of Free First Sunday Programme!
If you’re visiting Paris for a few weeks, time it right! You could enjoy the generous free first Sunday programme benefits. According to this, you can gain access to some of the most sought after tourist magnets. What are these beautiful venues that you can visit without paying a door fee? Take a look:
- Louvre (the largest and most visited museum in the world!);
- Musee d’Orsay (fine arts from mid 19th century to beginning of 20th century);
- Musée du Quai Branly (Primitive Arts);
- Centre Pompidou (Modern and Contemporary Art);
- Musée Guimet (Asian Arts)
- Maison Européenne de la Photographie (Best photo exhibitions in Paris)
- Maison de Victo Hugo (house of Victo Hugo and now a museum about the author of Les Misérables, located in Place des Vosges)
Parc de la Villette free open air cinema
A fan of the theatre? Make the most of your summer trip with a stop at the Parc de la Villette open air cinema. Every year, during July and August, they screen various movies with specific themes. From Where the Wild Things Are, to The Killing, enjoy a picnic cum movie perched comfortably on the warm grass with the cool summer wind in your hair.
Picnicking at the Square du Vert-Galant
Looking for a bit of an outdoor excursion? Then the Square du Vert-Galant is your place to be! A bohemian vibe, relaxing environment and the view of boats sailing past is what you should expect from this trip. Usually a hot-spot for tourist, it is never a challenge to find a good spot where you can enjoy the magic of Paris in all its glory.
Place des Vosges
Regal and glorious, this arcaded square is a beautiful reminder why Paris is one of the most popularly visited places in the world. This town has somewhat evolved as a park, with benches, climbing frames, with the Pavillon de la Reine and Pavillon du Roi on the north and south of its side. You will come across stunning art galleries, restaurants, courtyards and mansions that are sure to take your breath away!
Looking for more things to do in Paris? Let Citibreak be your ultimate guide! We are one of the most comprehensive online guides for France, offering you access to some of the hottest cultural events in Paris, information on the latest happenings, events, exciting places to visit, art shows, and exhibitions!
You might like to read these articles:
- When In Paris…Top 5 Things You Must Do!
- 4 Unusual Sites To Visit In Paris
- The Most Stunning Contemporary Art Museums In Paris
- The Top & Hottest Cultural Events In Paris
Subscribe to the Weekly Citibreak Newesletter, click on this link